Chelsea Signs New Manager, sacks Conte

chelsea new manger
According naija.ng
– The London club officially announced the sacking of Antonio Conte – The-59-year-old joins the Stamford Bridge outfit on a three-year deal Premier League club, Chelsea have finally confirmed the appointment of Maurizio Sarri as their new manager. The former Napoli coach replaces Antonio Conte, who was officially sacked on Friday, July, 13, by the Blues. Sarri signs a three-year contract, having left his former employers after a long drawn out saga surrounding his contract.
chelsea new coach
The 59-year-old said: “I am very happy to be coming to Chelsea and the Premier League. It is an exciting new period in my career. “I look forward to starting work and meeting the players on Monday ahead of travelling to Australia, where I will be able to get to know the squad and begin our match action. “I hope we can provide some entertaining football for our fans, and that we will be competing for trophies at the end of the season, which is what this club deserves.” The west London club’s transfer activity is now expected to get underway with no new summer signings made yet.
Napoli midfielder Jorginho is poised to reunite with Sarri quickly as the Italian midfielder is already in London to conduct a medical. And according to Starsport Chelsea will sign the Brazilian-born Italy international for £50m after completing his medicals. Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Premier League giants, Chelsea have officially announced the sacking of their Italian manager, Antonio Conte on their social media handle. Reports all through Thursday, July, 12 said the Stamford Bridge outfit have terminated the contract of the 48-year-old after two years in charge.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply